1. Clean the electoral roll
The electoral roll is marred with irregularities such as deceased persons and multiple persons registered under a single address or non-existent addresses. The electoral roll must be revised and updated to wipe out these ‘phantom voters’. The rakyat have a right to an electoral roll that is an accurate reflection of the voting population.
In the longer term, BERSIH 2.0 also calls for the EC to implement an automated voter registration system upon eligibility to reduce irregularities.
2. Reform postal ballot
The current postal ballot system must be reformed to ensure that all citizens of Malaysia are able to exercise their right to vote. Postal ballot should not only be open for all Malaysian citizens living abroad, but also for those within the country who cannot be physically present in their voting constituency on polling day. Police, military and civil servants too must vote normally like other voters if not on duty on polling day.
The postal ballot system must be transparent. Party agents should be allowed to monitor the entire process of postal voting.
3. Use of indelible ink
Indelible ink must be used in all elections. It is a simple, affordable and effective solution in preventing voter fraud. In 2007, the EC decided to implement the use of indelible ink. However, in the final days leading up to the 12th General Elections, the EC decided to withdraw the use of indelible ink citing legal reasons and rumours of sabotage.
BERSIH 2.0 demands for indelible ink to be used for all the upcoming elections. Failure to do so will lead to the inevitable conclusion that there is an intention to allow voter fraud.
4. Minimum 21 days campaign period
The EC should stipulate a campaign period of not less than 21 days. A longer campaign period would allow voters more time to gather information and deliberate on their choices. It will also allow candidates more time to disseminate information to rural areas. The first national elections in 1955 under the British Colonial Government had a campaign period of 42 days but the campaign period for 12th GE in 2008 was a mere 8 days.
5. Free and fair access to media
It is no secret that the Malaysian mainstream media fails to practice proportionate, fair and objective reporting for political parties of all divide. BERSIH 2.0 calls on the EC to press for all media agencies, especially state-funded media agencies such as Radio and Television Malaysia (RTM) and Bernama to allocate proportionate and objective coverage for all potlical parties.
6. Strengthen public institutions
Public institutions must act independently and impartially in upholding the rule of law and democracy. Public institutions such as the Judiciary, Attorney-General, Malaysian Anti-Corruption Agency (MACC), Police and the EC must be reformed to act independently, uphold laws and protect human rights.
In particular, the EC must perform its constitutional duty to act independently and impartially so as to enjoy public confidence. The EC cannot continue to claim that they have no power to act, as the law provides for sufficient powers to institute a credible electoral system.
7. Stop corruption
Corruption is a disease that has infected every aspect of Malaysian life. BERSIH 2.0 and the rakyat demand for an end to all forms of corruption. Current efforts to eradicate corruption are mere tokens to appease public grouses. We demand that serious action is taken against ALL allegations of corruption, including vote buying.
8. Stop dirty politics
Malaysians are tired of dirty politics that has been the main feature of the Malaysian political arena. We demand for all political parties and politicians to put an end to gutter politics. As citizens and voters, we are not interested in gutter politics; we are interested in policies that affect the nation.
*** Important! Guidance for Net 2.0 Assembly participants ***
PLEASE MAKE PREPARATIONS TO spread and with friends.
Net 2.0 Assembly on July 9, 2011 at Stadium Merdeka, Kuala Lumpur.
2.0 Net Claims:
- Clear List Vote (Electoral)
- Postal voting Reformasikan
- Use permanent ink
- Access the Free & Fair Media
- Campaigning Period Minimum 21 Days
- Strengthen Public Institutions
- Stop Corruption
- Stop Dirty Politics
Net 2.0 Steering Committee:
Chaired by Dato Ambiga Sreenavasaan (Former Bar Council president). Among its members is from the Leaders and activists of NGOs.
We expect many people will show up, the various ideologies and beliefs will gather to express their views, particularly in Malaysia urged the Election Commission for electoral reform.
Therefore, to facilitate this gathering, we issued a guideline which can help you and we rated the rally organizers to ensure a smooth and peaceful.
General Cleaner 2.0 H / P: 016 2208784: Email: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
* Things you need to bring / prepare *
- Identity card, driving license, an ATM card only.
- Money-maximum RM100 only.
- Wear modest clothing, T-shirt / shirt color yellow. Ideally there 2.0 Net logo
- Each participant is required to wear shoes.
- Accessories-Button Campaign, caps, arm bands, small flags, banners and placard that is logo or slogan Net 2.0 / Clean Elections ONLY be used.
- Flag of Malaysia or the respective state.
- Mineral water, some snacks and sweets.
- Salt, it is important to eat a little (not rub the face) for the return of energy, especially if the water from the Water Police Canon spray or tear gas.
- Toothpaste to sweep under the eyes to reduce the effects of tear gas.
- Wet a small towel to cover the eyes and nose to avoid the tear gas.
- Encouraged to wear surgical masks type * N100 Respirators, N95 Respirators * and * Surgical facemask * to prevent the outbreak of H1N1 influenza and avoid inhalation of tear gas excessive.
- If you have asthma or allergies please bring their own inhalers or medication.
- Please bring a small garbage bag to avoid littering everywhere.
- Please bring a pen and paper (mini note pad) to record the name and number.Police identity or suspicious items.
- Do not forget to bring a camera, video cam or phone camera to record a compilation environment - the pictures or video clips can be sent to us after the assembly in the email General Net 2.0. Bring plastic bags to store the electronic device when attacked by a "water cannon".
* What is not allowed *
- Do not bring students to student matric card or pass the staff of government and private employees.
- Do not carry too much money or credit cards to avoid penyeluk pocket, dropped or lost during the assembly or detained.
- Do not wear sandals, high heels or sandals to prevent movement.
- Do not wear clothes or skirts, are encouraged to wear pants.
- Do not wear jewelry or accessories that are not related to Net claims 2.0 / Clean Elections.
- Do not carry any banner, placard, flag symbolizing the party's logo and organization.
- Any slogan that has nothing to do with the demands of Net 2.0 is not allowed.
- Do not bring any sharp objects except the pen.
- Do not carry materials that can be explosive or flammable, such as matches, molotov cocktails and firecrackers.
- Not allowed to smoke during the rally because it would interfere with other people.
- Do not bring any weapons, such as wood, iron, irons, firearms and dangerous.
- For those who bring children, you are not allowed to bring game-like weapons such as pistols, toy guns or knives.
- Do not bring children under the age of 10 years to avoid any problems.
* Things you need to do before assembly *
- Service vehicles and check the necessary equipment to carry.
- Do not eat or drink too much before the rally.
- Make sure you perform the 'intent' before entering the assembly.
- For the Muslims, Do prayers of repentance and desire, may Allah bless this gathering and the non-Muslims can pray according to their rituals.
- Make sure you lock the house or leave important messages to the family or neighbor who did not go to the rally.
- Tell them your goals out.
- Tell them the phone number with your other friends if you can not call cell phone later.
- Do not forget to * charge * mobile phone and camera batteries.
- Make sure you know your direction of the Merdeka Stadium.
- Make sure you come early to avoid traffic jams or forced to queue up to buy tickets LRT or commuter trains.
- Came in groups, never alone.
- If your travel prevented from entering the city you can park and walk to the stadium (not directly to the National Palace alone).
- Do not wear Net 2.0 before the rally began.
* During the rally and march *
- Gathered at the stadium and wait for instructions from * * appointed Field Commander
- Follow the directions from the Marshall Charity Unit throughout the program.
- Do not distract from the assembly area unless directed by Amal Unit.
- Report on Charitable Unit on duty if you see something suspicious.
- Do not push push along the rally and march.
- Avoid insulting, abusive or obscene gesture during the assembly occurs.
- Celebrate the rally in peace and harmony.
- Make sure you give priority access to a vehicle passing and not passing at will on the road.
- Make sure you give priority to assist and protect seniors, the disabled or children present.
- Tell your friend if you want out of the assembly due to cases of emergency or because they want to go to the bathroom to avoid other problems.
- Make sure you do not chat during the leadership of his speech because of the possibility of sound * sound system * will sink with the voice of hundreds of thousands of participants.
- Follow the cries of the leadership if necessary.
- Hold the flag or your state during the parade.
- Do not throw litter over the assembly. Entries in the plastic bag you carry.
- Record setting collection - pictures or video clips can be sent to us after the assembly in the email: Secretary-Net 2.0, email@example.com
- If possible, record the faces of all the policemen on duty or as important as the tragedy-the tragedy of violence or provocation by the police if any.
* After assembly *
- Be sure to disperse slowly and peacefully dispersed after the given direction.
- Make sure a friend or relative and you have children together after assembly. If not, please report to the Secretary-Net 2.0.
- If you have friends or relatives you are arrested, do not go straight home.
Get information from the Secretary-Net 2.0.
- Do not leave any garbage gathering place. Make sure all thrown into the trash and discarded or brought back home.
- Give thanks to the security team on duty if the rally went smoothly.
- Do not forget to spread the pictures and news gathering for all friends, especially those not present. All the info and information may be emailed to us at the email Secretary Net 2.0.
* Do you need to do if the Anti-claims for the provocation * Net 2.0
- Do not ignore them, quietly and proceed in accordance with Charity Unit commander.
- Do not respond to their provocation, do not throw anything, do not show any signal on them. Assume they do not exist on that day.
- Do not approach them.
- If they act agreasif sudden, hold, do not hit, but leave them at the police.
- Do not forget to lodge a police report against them if you are injured or harassed.
- Make a backup of their faces if necessary.
* Do you need to do if the police make raids * provocation and
- Do not run or out of the assembly unless directed by the leadership, you will easily be arrested if out first.
- Do not own, make sure your hands and stand together tightly when I buat acah police raid or fire water cannon.
- Sit down if the leadership point.
- Wet the towel with a little water, and tekup face tear gas when released. Wash your face with water and eat a little salt if exposed to water * * yellow water cannon.
- Do not resist or try to argue with the police when they provoke ... just silent.
- Take pictures, if they could.
- Make a police report if you are assaulted.
* What you need to do if arrested *
- If you are arrested, send SMS (only) to 013-2102002 with details such as full name, IC no., Where arrested, the police arrested and you will be taken.
- When the SMS hotline received, a lawyer from the Legal Aid Centre (Legal Aid Centre, LAC) will be notified of your arrest. Counsel will be sent to the police station to be arrested.
- Lawyers from the Legal Aid Centre will be sent to the station that you were arrested. The period from the time you hold until you see a lawyer may take a long time so please be patient. If arrested, told police that "I want to see Guan Help Center.:
QUESTION YOU WHEN STOPPED BY POLICE
- Your PengenaIan
- You just need to give your name, IC number and address.
- If asked questions Other Problem: You may ask, "Am I under arrest? "
When you are arrested
- You are arrested if the Police
• answer "yes" to questions on
• he will not let you leave the place or want to take you to the police station
- If you are arrested you can depart from the place, or refuse to comply with his instructions to the police station or elsewhere if so directed.
When you can not be detained
- Police can not arrest you just because you are a potential witness and want to take witness statements from you (112/Witness).
* What do you do after being released *
- Make sure all your goods returned by the police.
- Create a medical examination if there is an injury.
- Lodge a police report if you roughed up during assembly or while being detained.
- Write and record on the lawyers and the media if you abused the police.
- Do not forget to write down everything you remember when back home to help you remember when brought to court soon.
- Make sure you remember and take the number of relationships that guarantee you and the lawyers involved.
- Leave it to lawyers all the information and pictures you have on the assembly to facilitate the defense.
- Do not forget to thank sunnah prayer after being released and returned to meet with friends in arms.
- Do not retreat from the fight after the experience because it naturally caught will cause your motivation will be weak and you will feel alone.
10. Continue the struggle with other friends.
11. Surely you will feel more powerful and bold after the arrest because not everyone has the opportunity to feel what you went through during his detention.
For further information, please read the guidance of a lawyer in
* Note: *
- We will not be liable for any errors or violations of law that has nothing to do with the rally.
- We will not be liable for any provocations or acts of violence committed by any group or individual.
- We will not be liable for any injury caused by negligence or acts diluarkan organizer instruction.
- We will not be liable for any arrests made as a fight or agreasif activities unrelated to this set of instructions
Overall, we hope that this Assembly will run smoothly without any problems or arrests.
We hope that with little effort and the presence of this we will be able to provide awareness to the EC and the federal government have the power to improve the legal system and the weaknesses of our implementation proces.
Remember, successful Net Assembly pada10 November 2007 because of the seriousness of the people. So, now is the time for us to fight together for electoral reform, reaffirm fraternities and stop the corruption of institutions.
Remember, this event is an opportunity for you once in a lifetime and it will remain a history that will be a reference to our children and grandchildren. Do not miss the opportunity to be part of this history.
Mite' ki vaipuak zia hi ei guai...